Monday, January 30, 2012

Family Picture Day








Sunday my photographer friend was in town from Thailand and we scheduled a photo shoot with her for a professional updated family picture of four! I cannot wait to see the results. I really wanted to focus on Kei and his chubby legs as he has NO professional photos. Maybe it is being the second child or not being near Greer Photography in Lexington, Kentucky, but his book will not be near as complete as Miyako's 3,6,9, and 12 month professional book that I cherish. Oh well. He will still know he is loved...I hope.:)

So, we met our photographer Sunday at a "mansion." I forget that when they use the word "mansion" here, it refers to a large apartment building. This complex had a beautiful bar/restaurant on the top floor overlooking the Tokyo Bay and within this area was a fireplace sitting room turned into a lovely studio. As we waited for her to finish up the previous session, we took some fun pics just sitting around on our camera. It was a great family day and I cannot wait to see the results. Thank you Solveig for documenting our family so beautifully.

The kids are a lot of fun these days. Miyako wanted to take a bath with the K Man on Sunday, so that is our new thing. He thinks she is hilarious. And she loves that he thinks she is hilarious. I pray that they will grow up to be best friends. Miyako is also into wearing her hair in pig tails. She looks adorable in them and I am so glad she is finally letting me fix her hair. Kan thinks she looks like the little girl in that Christmas movie, "Matilda." Another new thing is they are now sleeping in the same room. We do not do it every night, but we have done it the last two nights and nobody woke each other up! Often the K Man is awake before Miyako so I have to sneak in and get him or someone cries in the middle of the night and wakes the other up. When that happens we put K back in the hallway. Last night Miyako said to me, "I want K to sleep with me." I was home alone and did not know how it would be putting them to bed together without Kan to hold one, but it worked well. Last week we had a meeting for yochien. To be honest, I was a bit put out with all of the rules a 3 year old has to have for kindergarten, but it is Japan so I am not too surprised. I could go on and on about that, but reality is we are putting her in it for a few days a week so we will follow the rules. Thank goodness I have Nena to help me put her name on every stinking thing we take to the school. The K Man is ready to eat more solid food rather than pureed. Problem is I cannot remember how I did it with Miyako. I guess it is time to email a few friends about that...it was only 3 years ago but I seriously cannot remember. He is very interested in wanting to eat. I gave him a banana to hold the other day and he went to town on it. But he only has 2 short little stubs for teeth so I am concerned about him chewing.

Well, while I have two kids having room time or napping, I better sign off here and get some BSF homework done. Enjoy the latest pics.

2 comments:

mel said...

I'm really eager to see the new pictures! It is fun to see the kids grow up together. Try looking at http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ for food ideas, recipes, and guidelines. Another one I used was http://www.annabelkarmel.com/ I made all of Noelle's food in Japan except for the yogurt. She loved the yogurt in Japan, especially the mango yogurt. Good luck and let me know if I can help any! (We bought an immersion blender from Bic Camera. It is still in heavy use!)

mel said...

Oh! I also gave Noelle the baby rice crackers to gnaw on. They are like styrofoam. They were in the baby section at Nissin. Then we found organic ones at Natural House in Omotesando. I pretty much held plums and bananas for her to eat since they are too slippery to hold with baby hands. I tried the mesh eaters but they were too hard to clean. AkachanHonpo will have some feeders you can buy - also Toys/Babies R Us in Odiaba. We never could find cheerios there, so brought some back with us for finger food. :)