Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Since it 2012...


Scrapbook day will be the 12th of each month. Yes I know today is January 17th and I am a bit behind, but it is my blog and I can do with it whatever I choose. I will probably never get around to making the scrapbook from each post on the 12th of the month, or the 11th of the month, and that is okay too. At least it is here. I have realized I want to be a scrapbooker. I really do. I want to be creative. I want to have the energy to stay up all night and scrapbook until my heart is content because I do believe in preserving the memories. But I just do not have it in me. I would rather pop in a movie with the hubs and fall asleep on the couch at 10. I am a much better mom when I have had my sleep. So in addition to the blog, I decided to simplify my scrapbooking approach. I still do hope to finish the first year of Miyako's little book and do one for the K Man and his first year. But, for the day to day, it will be a picture of the kids on scrapbook day for the blog and my large calendar. My mom sent me a large Snoopy calendar...go figure...and a friend gave us a small Snoopy calendar. So, Miyako gets to use the small one and we do "school" with it and talk about the months, what day it is, what season it is, and on and on. I get the big snoopy one and write in what all we have going in. In addition, I write fun little things, or not so fun things (i.e. the K Man had a fever of 103.5) on this big calendar to pass on to our kids when I am old. It is not fancy. It is not a posh creative scrapbook. But it is our life and mama's handwriting and I hope it will help in a small way preserve memories. So there you have it, me trying to simplify or better yet, just be realistic with myself - it is just not me.

So on the 12th of this month I looked back to my calendar and we had a very relaxed day. It was a Thursday and Nena was still on vacation so I was home with the kids. We went to an indoor play area in the morning nearby with our Dutch friends and relaxed in the afternoon at home. I started doing "Room time" with Miyako on the days we are home. She does not nap anymore but I needed just 45 minutes to breathe a bit during the afternoon. So she did room time in the afternoon. She actually really enjoys it. She goes in her room and plays by herself until I come and get her. She calls me if she needs to go potty but other than that she plays and is very content. Other than that, nothing much happened on this day. I like these days. I like when we stay local, don't take the train, let the K Man get two solid naps in, take baths at 4PM so they are done for the night, and eat in our pjs!

On my big Snoopy calendar, I also made a note on January 11th about Miyako that I consider blog worthy! She went to BSF (one hour commute) and stayed in the nursery with underwear on the entire time and NO ACCIDENTS! Ever since Christmas we have not been wearing pull-ups during the day. I was a bit nervous about how she would do considering we can sometimes be out commuting quite a bit. You cannot just drive into a McD's and take the girl potty. The train does not really stop for that. And even if it did, most train station potties are "squatty" potties and upon seeing one of those for the first time, Miyako said, "That is not a potty mama." I tend to agree. :) Anyways, she is doing GREAT! Not one accident so far. Now, she will hold it for a really long time if she does not want to go in public and she will wait to go until she finally knows it is potty or panties. But I am super proud of her.

To conclude, the picture in this post was taken recently. It is of the kids playing with their toys for Christmas. Miyako loves her "Schroeder" piano even though it is not a "big girl piano." Notice how serious she is - she puts her head down just like Schroeder. Hilarious. And the K Man...just chilling in the background. Love them.

No comments: