Sunday, July 19, 2015

Miss M, First grade, home school

We named our homeschool this year. We decided to call it Sakura Academy, since we love the sakura season here in Japan. We started first grade for Miss M on July 1st. So far we have done really well. I started slow with a few subjects the first week and have added subjects each week. This week was supposed to be our first full week with all subjects but I realized I am missing some things with spelling so we will have to wait on that until my materials get here in a few weeks. The K Man has swimming this week at youchien so we will school five days this week. However, while he is on break, I decided to just do school with Miss M 3 days a week. It works well when he is home to go out in the morning for an outing, and then come back and do school with her in the afternoon when he is a bit more tired and content playing by himself with some toys. I do wish we had more of a community to homeschool together with, but we are enjoying ourselves and learning so that is what counts for now. I decided to start in July because I like the idea of year round school. Plus I would rather take more breaks throughout the year than one long summer break, at least for now. Below are a few pictures of Miss M and her train she created for our math lesson to discuss more and few...more animals getting on the train. :)


No comments: