Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We must have been nice this year...






Because Santa just dropped a big load of American goodies at our door today. That is right folks, our shipment arrived and it has been a glorious day. Now, three days from now when I am over the boxes and wishing I had enough furniture and space to store everything with, I will probably have a different attitude. That is when I will have to come back and re-read this post to remind myself of how happy I am today. My kitchen is FULL of tasty treats. As I write, I am sipping a cup of Dunkin Decaf with Hazelnut Coffee Mate creamer and munching on a dark chocolate oreo cookie I received in a birthday package from a friend. Thanks Sally. Seriously, I think the only thing on our shipment was food, DVD's, and clothes. Typical Americans right? You bet. Nothing beats some cheetos or York Peppermint Patties. We also have tons of toys now...toys that need batteries to be put back in them. Nana, you want to come over and do that for us since you did such a good job of removing them like one hour before the movers left? I didn't know you could not leave batteries in things when you moved so last minute Kan's American mother was taking batteries out of all of Miyako's toys. Problem was our screwdrivers were all ready in storage so she had to use this really tiny one she had in her purse. But she did it. I think Miyako was confused why her little riding lion toy today did not sing to her "Roar" when she touched his purple nose, but she still got on and rode him around. I am trying to keep our living room as "normal" as possible in the midst of all this unpacking and chaos of the boxes so that Miyako-chan feels normal and secure. So tonight after unpacking the kitchen (the most important by far) I moved all of the boxes to our bedroom and tatami room so I can shut off the madness and Miyako can feel a sense of home. She will just get a new toy every few days as I unpack more boxes. Enjoy the pics of our mess and fun!

2 comments:

mel said...

I was JUST thinking about your shipment! Hooray for familiar things!

Erica said...

shari--so glad you got your shipment! i know you are so relieved to have some american "comforts!" thanks for your sweet comment about the dresses! your girl is getting so big, and you haven't even been gone that long:) hope all is going better with the babysitter and nursery to make things easier on you. take care! and glad to follow you on your blog!