Monday, August 2, 2010

Swimming


A friend of ours invited us to her apartment today as she has a pool - a real large pool with a baby pool as well. I will be the first to admit, the picture posted here is not the best. You can hardly see my face due to my hat to protect me from the sun, and Miyako is squinting due to the fact she will not keep her hat on to protect her from the sun, but boy did we have a good time. I loved the baby pool, but once Miyako realized Mama could hold her in the big pool she wanted to be in the big pool. I tried to get her to wear a life vest so she could float around on her own but she was too scared of putting the vest on. However, she kept wanting to get "down" in the big pool. She did not understand she has to know how to swim in order to do that. It really was a fabulous time. The pool was empty and my friend said it typically is empty and she is the only one who uses it. I told Kan maybe we could move to this apartment complex after our lease is up, but I think it is a bit out of our price range. :) On our way home we stopped by the international grocery store to buy some whole wheat bread! I am super excited about that! It is the little things in life that get me excited over here.

We have some big traveling news. Kan has to go to Singapore for work and Miyako and I are going to go with him!! I have a friend here who is from Singapore so she is giving me lots of tips on things to do. I am so looking forward to being in an English speaking country, and rumor has it I can find Coffeemate Creamer there! Once his conference is over, we are going to take advantage of being further into Southeast Asia and fly to a beach for a mini-vacation. Our family needs it that is for sure, and Kan definitely could use a few days off work. We have not decided where yet but we are looking at either Thailand or Malaysia. I told him whichever one we don't choose, we can always go there at Christmas time. But I also wanted to do Sydney at Christmas so we will see. He jokes he will have to keep working like a slave to keep up with my travel ambitions. :) In my mind, we simply are making the most of our time here in Japan and being a bit closer to these places than we would be if we lived in the US! I will keep you posted once we decide where to go!!

1 comment:

mel said...

A swimming pool!? How great is that! Yea for you!