Friday, November 19, 2010

Big Sister in Training






Miyako loves putting diapers on her babies. This week I taught her how to put them on as she often had the tape side on the wrong end. After I showed her how to do it, she became a pro. Check out these babies and animals and their new diapers (or "dirty" as she calls it). She is in training to be a big sister - I just wonder what how I will find the new baby with one of Miyako's diapers put on. Miyako may stop trying to put on diapers if he or she pees on her. :)

Miyako also got called in for a photo shoot for Uniqlo through an agency we registered with here. Unfortunately when I gave our agency her current height, she was too tall for what the magazine was looking for. Oh well. Maybe next time. At least she was asked.

Another fun fact for Miyako this week - On Thursday I came home and took off my shoes at the door. When we were getting ready to leave in the afternoon, I could not find my shoes anywhere. I just got another pair and went on my way, but it was really bothering me that I could not find them anywhere. I assumed Miyako put them somewhere but I looked under couches, beds, in my closet - no shoes. Today I said, "Miyako I still cannot find my shoes." She opened the shoe cabinet at the entry way and low and behold there were my shoes. They magically reappeared in the cabinet.

The best part about this week though is that Miyako is singing precious songs. Not only is she saying, "Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O" but today before naptime, she sang "Jesus Loves Me," "Jesus Loves The Little Children," "Holy, Holy, Holy," and "B-I-B-L-E." It was so sweet. I hope these words are impressed on her heart for the rest of her life.

No comments: