Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011







Well, no Easter Bunny baby K for us. We are still preggers. We had a very relaxing weekend. Saturday it rained all day so we stayed inside and played. We enjoyed a pizza party that night with our friends from the Netherlands. Sunday we had a special breakfast - pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I know it sounds more like a Halloween breakfast but Miyako loves them, as do I, so we make them for special occasions all year long. I did make Miyako an Easter basket but it was not very traditional. She had been asking for these strawberry plastic bowls from the 100 yen shop next door, so this was her "basket." No chocolate bunnies or Reese P-nut butter eggs (I ate all those:) - instead she got Anpanman rice crackers and Minnie Mouse stickers. But she enjoyed it so that is all that mattered. We had a fabulous Easter worship service at church. It is always nice to be with the community of believers. I will admit though - I missed our Easter weekends in Knoxville with cousins and Easter egg hunts. On Sunday morning Kan and I watched the U-tube video of Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill singing "How Great Thou Art." I told Kan, "I know I will enjoy church today but after listening to this song, I will miss the traditional Easter hymns in an American church today." And I did a bit, but that is ok.

Miyako seems to be a bit more clingy for mama the past few days. I think she senses things are really about to change as we talk about Mama being in the hospital with the baby when it comes...trying to prepare her. She wants to sleep with mama and have mama by her side a lot more than normal. We originally planned to set up the pack and play in our room until the baby was sleeping through the night and then they would share a room. However, I do not want Miyako thinking she is left out when the baby "sleeps with us." So, since I never bought a table for our entryway to show case photos and store things, you may see a pack and play in our empty space in the hallway. That is fine by me - I have never been one to enjoy having babies sleep in our room. I think when Miyako was a week old, she slept one night in her Moses basket in our room and I told Kan never again unless we are traveling. I hear every little gurgle and the little amount of sleep you get in the beginning phases...well, I want it to be quality if it cannot be quantity. :)

Enjoy the pics of Easter. Miyako picked out her hat and we thought she looked very Tokyoish. She also is enjoying her new Snoopy doll from my friend Sally. He plays the "Charlie Brown Theme Music."

No comments: