Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We have been doing a lot of this lately...



Needless to say, I am pretty tired these days, so we have had some lazy mornings. But if there is one thing I like, it is snuggling with Miyako-chan. Yesterday she told us she wanted to name her baby brother "Snoopy." We got a kick out of that. She still claims we are having a baby brother. I hope she is not too disappointed if it is a baby sister.

Miyako is so much fun these days. We color, play with play-doh, go to the mall next door or the park, read books, learn letters on the internet...lots of fun. She is talking non-stop and repeats everything! The other day she was leaning up against her play piano like Lucy does against Schroeder's piano on a Charlie Brown video. Then she started saying, "That stupid piano" as that is what Lucy says because the "stupid piano" takes all of Shcroeder's time and he does not focus on Lucy. I think we will have to stop watching that episode of Charlie Brown. It has a little too much drama for my already dramatic 2 year old.

I am waiting expectantly to meet the newest addition to our family. At the same time, it feels a bit bitter-sweet knowing Miyako will not be my "baby" anymore. The thought of going to the hospital without her, well, it just makes me a bit sad. But, I am also thrilled to be adding to our family...just trying to savor each moment as a family of three before we become a family of four.

1 comment:

Sarah-Jane said...

oh it is a bittersweet time.
Enjoy what you can and in the right time you will be a family of four.
I'm so glad I got to see you even though it was only a short visit.
can't wait to hear about snoopy's delivery:))