Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 4 - Traditional Japanese Lunch - Happo-En

On day 4 we went to a traditional Japanese restaurant with a beautiful garden. This restaurant had been on my list for quite some time, and it exceeded my expectations. I wanted my friend to experience one meal that was traditional and a bit out of her comfort zone. I think the full flesh prawn in the sashimi section fulfilled my wish for her. We also went to a traditional Japanese tea ceremony as well for more culture. I highly recommend taking a tourist to Happo-en for a traditional beautiful meal. We had a private room so my friends and I told Beki she did not have to eat the food if she did not want to. After lunch we ventured over to Naka-meguro during the day to see the beautiful cherry blossoms. I never tire of going here during sakura season as it is simply breathtaking.

No comments: