Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 5, My Birthday!

My friend Beki was here on my birthday and it was her last day. Due to potential rainfall on Thursday, we had to change our family portraits to my birthday. Beki really wanted to see the Imperial Palace, so my friend here took her to the Palace while we had our family portraits. Then we had an impromptu party with some dear friends here in Tokyo at the apartment. After dinner at the mall next door for Tonkatsu (fried pork) we went to bed early because on Beki's last day I was going to take her to the fish market auction. We got there at 4:30 but we were too late. They had given away the free tickets. I told her I would go back again a bit earlier and take a video for her. I had such a great visit with Beki. We could barely remember the last time we had seen each other. I love how the Lord has kept us connected in Him all these years. It was so fun getting to have her see our lives here, love on our kids and actually get to know them since so many of our friends back in America do not know them. We talked endlessly and I cried when she left. It was such an encouragement to me that she spent the time, money and energy to come; and not only her, but her husband who supported her in coming by taking off work to home school their boys for the week. Beki, thank you...and thank you to your husband and kiddos. Your visit is the highlight of my year thus far. You are a treasure and I am so glad God has given us a beautiful friendship.

No comments: