Thursday, December 2, 2010

Melt Your Heart

So, I have had a few melt your heart moments lately with this sweet little girl, in between the two year old tantrums that she has learned how to throw. I am trying to focus more on the positive so we will look at those melt your heart moments - this is more for me than anything so I can remember them as I do not take the time to journal or scrapbook like I so want to. Not sure what I will do if cyberspace takes away my blog. I should probably be printing out these posts but who has time for that?

So, last night I went to Community Group. I had prepared Miyako that Mama was going to Bible study and daddy was going to put her to bed. She would say, "Mama go Bible study on train ride and daddy bed." So, she understood. But when I went to leave she had quite a little sad face. I got down on her level and told her I loved her and asked her to give me a kiss - and the sweet little girl did. Then she ran to her room and was ready to read books with daddy. Today before her nap I said, "I love you Miyako" and she said, "I love (wuv) you." That was the first time she had said that. She also started saying "Papaw" today. She always says Nana and Opah but could never quite get Papaw and Grandma. She still has a hard time with G's but she now says Papaw. I tried to get her to say it while we skyped with Papaw but one thing two year olds do not do is work on demand. She did say it though before and after we got off the computer. I know this makes his heart melt even though he has yet to hear it.

And, my little girl is a book worm!! For those of you who know me, you know I LOVE to read. In fact, as soon as I get done writing this post, I am off to enjoy my latest read and hopefully catch a little cat nap while Miyako is supposedly sleeping. We have read books so often that she now reads them to me or her baby. Of course, I think my kid is super smart to be doing this even though I know she does not know the letters yet and can actually "read." I am sure a lot of other kids who read books a lot do the same thing at this age. But for me, it really is pretty incredible to watch her read "Goodnight Moon", the long version of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" from Nana, or "The Very Hungry Little Caterpillar" book. So sweet.

There are so many more moments each day that melt my heart, but today is a special day I guess as we have not had any time outs or spankings and it is 3:00 PM. I am trying to see the glass half full and focus on the positive. :)

Well, my book calls. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: