Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tasty Thursday




Today my classmate and I tried a new restaurant for lunch today. We popped in one of those places where you purchase your food via a vending machine. Then you get a little ticket, take it to your table, and in about 3 minutes your lunch comes out. If you have ever eaten at Yoshinoya (I think I am spelling it right) in the US, we had similar food. It is basically a beef type dish served over rice. Mine also came with a side of udon noodles. It was quick, easy, and CHEAP! I ate for 430 yen!! Not only was it cheap, but it was good. We were surrounded by a bunch of business men, but that is okay. I wanted to take a picture of the machines where we got our meal ticket from, but it was too crowded when I left. You will just have to experience that for yourself one day. Oh, and I added a cute pic of Miyako from our venture to the water fountains next door the other day. She refuses to wear any other shoes but her crocks, but she does wear them with socks. There are some battles I just do not want to fight. Funny thing though - when she came to church with Kan on Sunday she was wearing cute little black fall shoes. Not sure how he got her to do that. I will have to ask him. At least she kept her hat on in the cooler temps.

No comments: