Monday, March 14, 2011

Where Are You Now...

Many of you are wondering what our plan of action is now. To be honest, we go back and forth on what to do. Obviously I am 33 weeks pregnant so traveling back to the US can be difficult. I did get a note from my doctor today if I decided to leave so I would not be questioned by the airlines. The baby is healthy, almost too healthy as this is a big baby, but the bigger the baby the better it sleeps right? Emotionally, I am not doing so hot. However, with a background in counseling, I do know this is all normal. I am struggling a bit with survivor's guilt as I see horrible images on the TV or internet of people suffering so much more than myself. Also, having a lot of fear and do not want to be separated from Kan right now. Spiritually, we are having to run to Jesus. And what better place to be. I know truth and keep trying to repeat it over and over. I figure eventually it will land in my heart, but right now it is just head knowledge. Thankfully, Kan has been able to work from home. We have power and food and have carried on as normal as we can. The stores are out of milk, rice and bread, but we have been able to get fruit, veggies, and meat. As long as we keep power, we should be okay in terms of food. McD's next door has not run out of milk, so I go there each day to get milk for Miyako for the next day.

Many of you have written and called, left messages, and I really appreciate your support, prayers and love. I am sorry I have not responded to all of them personally. Please know they encourage me and help me tremendously. Here are some prayer requests for us as a family -

1. Pray for wisdom as we try to discern what to do.
2. Pray for peace from God to transform our hearts and minds.
3. Pray that we would continue to have power and be able to cook and carry on as normal as we can.
4. Pray that the baby would continue to remain healthy.
5. Pray that we would not live in fear, but trust the One who is in control of this entire situation.

Pray for the country of Japan and the people suffering all over. Pray that the nuclear issues would not get worse as the country cannot afford another tragedy.

Again, thank you for your love and support.

2 comments:

katherineathome said...

Shari, I am so proud of you! This ordeal is something we are all watching in disbelief and yet you ate right there in the midst of it. I am glad to know how we can pray specifically for you and your family. God's peace and comfort to you and yours. I wish I could give you a big hug. Love love, Katherine

mel said...

I'm glad that Dr S gave you permission to leave if you need to. I am so so glad you are in Kyoto and can rest like you need to. I've been praying and many friends and family are praying specifically for your family. PLEASE let me know if there is anything we can do for you - my friends feel helpless and are asking what they can do.