Sunday, March 14, 2010

No Internet/Phone

Well, I wanted to let my faithful blog readers know we will be MIA from Tuesday to Saturday. We are moving on Tuesday but our internet and phone will not be up and running until Saturday. So we are taking a little internet rest. I must say it will be a bit refreshing for my weary soul. Both hubby and I were a bit weary on Sunday, both waking up this morning a bit dizzy from just non-stop running and eating random meals as we try to run from store to store to find things. Without having a car we are dependent to go shopping when friends offer to take us, so that is mainly on the weekends. After full work weeks, the last thing we want to do is shop on the weekends, but it is also the only time we have to do so. I think the forced internet fast is what the doctor upstairs ordered. It will force us to go to bed earlier, not work once hubby comes home, and it will force me to not watch silly DVRed shows during Miyako's nap. Instead I will be able to clean up a little bit and try to organize the chaos of our new apartment. However, I do not think UK basketball games or American Idol are "silly" per se, but they do keep me up a bit late at night. :)

We went to the Japanese version of Wal-mart on Sunday. It was crazy packed but we did get some cleaning supplies, paper supplies, and other goodies like clothing racks to hang out clothes at a discount price. We also bought a fridge, rice cooker, and water kettle at a recycle shop on Sunday. Our fridge is fairly large so I was happy about that. It is also silver which I love. Our apartment now has a dining room table with four chairs, a crib, and a couch thanks to my husband's hard work Saturday putting furniture together. Hopefully come April we will add a few more furniture items as well. But for now, this will do. No pictures of the apartment yet - it is a bit chaotic with empty furniture boxes everywhere and suitcases randomly thrown in one corner or the other. You will just have to enjoy the suspense and wait to see the three pieces of furniture we have added to our Tokyo collection.

I am super thankful for our friends who live near by. They offered to bring us a meal Tuesday night on our first night there. So thoughtful and so encouraging for us. And I must give out a big GO CATS! What a win over Miss. St. this past Sunday. However, I think they did get the snub in the NCAA tournament. With being the second best team in the country they sure did get a tough draw compared to other number one seeds. However, I know the NCAA does not pay me the big bucks to sit on the Selection Committee so the CATS will just have to prove how good they are by winning. My stomach turns just thinking about it. :)

No comments: