Sunday, March 7, 2010

Parking Garage and Ikea Adventure

So, this post would be so much better if my camera had been handy on Sunday afternoon, but I will do my best to describe the most amazing parking garage I have ever seen.

Sunday afternoon we met some friends at our new apartment. They were passing a washer and desk onto us. After wards another friend volunteered to take us to Ikea. We went to find his car in the parking garage of the mall next door to our building. We walked inside a waiting area that was divided into four sections. The sections were numbered and color coordinated. We sat down in our designated section and low and behold the car came to us across some moving belts. The door opened and we got in the car. We did not have to run around the parking garage looking for our car (does this remind anyone of the Seinfield episode where the entire episode was about all of them wandering around the parking garage?). We also did not have to get outside in the cold to get to our car. It really was quite amazing. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of the car coming. Honestly, even if I had my camera with me, I would not have known to take the picture. I had no idea what we were waiting on until the car magically appeared.

Kan's co-worker graciously offered to take us to Ikea. This was a very generous offer as it seemed all of Tokyo was at Ikea this day. Supposedly the worst time to go to Ikea is on the weekend afternoons! Well, I now agree. It was a zoo. We bought a couch, a crib for Miyako and a dining room table. By the time we shopped, decided (which for Kan and I to agree can take some time), found our furniture, paid, and arranged for delivery, we were there for almost four hours. Insane! My next adventure to Ikea will be more planned. I told Kan we will just look online, decide what we want, and go find it as soon as we get there. His friend also took us to a store like Target at home. We bought curtains and I found the comforter I would like to get for our bed. Overall, a good day. Thankful to be in a car since it was raining and cold yesterday.

How about those Lady Cats almost beating the Lady Vols? I am so proud of them for making it to the finals of the SEC! And, the Wild Cats doing a little Gator chomp on those Gators! WOO HOO! Even from afar, I am excited for March Madness. I am thinking of letting some of our friends randomly fill out brackets and see how well they do without knowing anything. :)

2 comments:

mel said...

Yea for finding, buying, and arranging delivery! Yes, Ikea is a m-e-s-s all the time. It takes a lot of stamina and preparation to wade through. Congratulations on a productive, yet long, afternoon! Was the Target-like store Mr Max? We loved Mr Max.

michal said...

Wow..cars that magically appear! We need some of those here in the states! Woo Hoo for March Maddness! Exciting times.