Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blogged too soon...

So, in continuation of my previous post, I blogged too soon. Miyako woke up from that sweet nap in a FOUL mood. However, I am trying to learn from my mistakes from last night where I lost my cool with her. Right now she is in time out until she can calm down and speak nicely too me. She may go to sleep in her current diaper and Snoopy dress based on the crying coming from her room. My fabulous day quickly changed. And here I am...praying and ceasing, and trusting that this little gift God has given me will one day grow up to a beautiful woman of God. As my best friend's mom used to say when we wore hot pink dresses and matching shoes to prom, "Lord, give me strength." When I have more time, I will process more on the blog these challenges of parenting. But as Kan and I discussed just over the weekend, you simply have to laugh and roll with the punches. If you try to control it (life, children, circumstances) too much, you will miss out and not laugh very often.

No comments: