Friday, July 1, 2011

Life at 8 Weeks Post Baby K Man's Arrival





I took the K Man (any Seinfeld lovers out there?) to the doctor today for his 8 week check up. The boy weighed in at 14 whopping pounds and is a little over 23 inches long. The doctor said he is in the 90th percentile for weight and 50th for height based on US standards. Goodness, he is a chunk, and a happy one at that. He is starting to smile and coo when we interact with him. His big sister is starting to love on him and pat his head or kiss him goodnight. He is sleeping longer for me at night. I can usually get him to sleep at least until 5/5:30. The other day he slept until 6:30!! I know those 7AM wake up calls are just around the corner and I long for the day when they are consistent. He is taking naps in the pack and play, when we are home that is, and can keep the paci in his mouth finally! He is laid back, easy going and simply a sweet little baby.

Big sister is - well, lots of words come to mind when I think of Miyako today. Hmmm...dramatic, funny, sweet, devilish, full of personality. I really think she has a career in acting if she wants it. We are still doing sports class on Mondays and music class on Fridays. She LOVES music, Charlie Brown and Snoopy, Anpanman, and Minnie and Mickey Mouse. She is a little parrot these days. The other day she had her baby doll in her baby sling/backpack and said, "I need to get on the train, go home, and fix dinner." Man, God sure does have a funny sense of humor putting my own little Holy Spirit in my house in the form of a two year old.

We are finally getting our groove. I will not say it is fully there just yet - that will only come when the K Man can sleep through the night consistently. But we are close. Kan is working hard, as usual, and tonight is off on a 24 hour relief trip up north with our church. He was looking forward to going and helping serve the people there even though it is for such a short time, but I do pray he can find the energy to sustain himself as he is going on little sleep from last night due to work. I have never seen someone work harder than my husband. Maybe I am biased, but he works and works and then when he is off work, and he works some more. Not only does he work hard for HP, he serves outside of work, which makes me love him even more. Whether it is spending hours working on translation for our sermon at church, putting Miyako's big girl bed together, or taking Miyako on a trip to Ikea to buy her big bed, he gives of his time for the benefit of others when I know he would rather be laying on the couch playing Xbox. And, he enjoys it. Please pray for the trip tonight - for God to protect the team and use them and give them energy to serve.

Mama is mama - running around like a mad woman most days, while trying to enjoy these days as I know they will not last forever. I am tired. I think I will be tired for the next 20 years or so. But I am thankful for where I am right now. It is not always perfect, but it is my life, OUR life, and we are learning as a family to be happy with our circumstances and where God has us for this season. On the tired note, I will add some pics to this post of our little darlings and head to bed. I need to preserve my energy for a Saturday without my favorite UT fan.

No comments: