Monday, July 18, 2011

Mr. N and Miyako








So, yesterday was a holiday. My friend wished me a Happy "Ocean Day" as she saw it was a Japanese holiday yesterday. Do not ask me what we were supposed to be celebrating. All I know it was a day off for Kan and we had some family fun with my friend Minnie and her crew. We went to this show in Ginza that was free and it said we would see giraffes in Ginza. Well, we did see a giraffe, but it was a fake one. Oh well. Not quite what we thought it would be, but it was free and we scored some treats from Krispy Kreme. The show was "baby disco" and Miyako, well, she HATED it. I think the man in the afro scared her, but Minnie's kiddos loved it. We came back to our place and played a bit and then walked to a nearby mall on the water for dinner and more fun - train rides and an indoor play area. So far Miyako is not sick from the play area but it is probably only a matter of time. :) It was a pretty crazy day. We had kids everywhere...slings, strollers, running crazy. K Man even got a stroller ride in Minnie's stroller. We wore them out! Mr. N fell asleep at the dinner table. It was hilarious. One minute he was eating and the next minute he fell over into mama's lap. Miyako was asleep in the stroller, which she RARELY does, before we got out of the mall.

1 comment:

mel said...

Busy busy day! I believe Ocean Day is to pay respect to the ocean that surrounds the islands - gives life with food to eat and also takes life damaging waters. I believe there are ceremonies made facing the ocean on this day.